It doesn't seem possible to have had the first day of school come and go already. Olivia did great, and neither of us shed any tears, so I think of that as a successful day! I had to wake her up early today (she would have slept until 9 if I had let her) to make it to school on time, and as a result she was a little snippy this morning. I thought for sure we were headed for major meltdowns. Two of her classmates started to lose it and she just got really serious and concerned. Her teacher did a fantastic job of distracting her so that I could sneak out-and we were golden. I couldn't wait to get back to pick her up at 2pm. When her teacher opened the door ALL of the kiddos were sleeping. I got to wake her up and she was so happy to see me...that made my day!
As for some funny things she is saying/ doing:
"Okay, I do it"
"No, I do-wannit"
"Bless you, Mommy!" (or Daddy)
"Pwease" (especially when she wants something, but we are trying to work on manners too!)
"Thank You"
"Yes Ma'am"
"My turn"
"Whats that noise?"
Olivia loves playing in her play kitchen and cooking us meals, and will usually end up pulling out my pots and pans to use in "her" kitchen. She also LOVES her stuffed puppy dogs, loves to give hugs, loves her "stories" and will pretend to read to us, and loves to play outside with bubbles. She loves to share, even when you don't particularly want her to, like with her snacks or meals...sometimes she just won't take no for an answer! More recently, she started "grazing" our plates. If something we have looks better than what she has, she wants to "try it". Unless this is of any sort of vegetable, in which case she refuses. She is counting 1-10 (though we sometimes forget five) and recognizes most of her letters.
She is less fond of diaper changes, as she doesn't want to be slowed down even for a second.
I can't believe she is almost 2! I am curious to see her stats after we visit the doctor for her checkup soon. Sorry for the lack of first day pictures...she was NOT in the mood this morning before we left, and I was too worried she was going to get upset at school to even bother. Once we get a routine, we will take "first year of school" pictures ( :
No comments:
Post a Comment