Monday, January 17, 2011

Nursery Progress

Well, It's nothing Earth shattering, but to me we are making strides in the right direction. We painted the nursery walls Network Gray by SW and I LOVE this color. It's masculine without being too dark and it will be a great neutral palette (or at least I hope so.) Greg is outside painting the dresser and bookshelf right now and I am so excited to see the room start to come together (FINALLY!). I have about 4 1/2 weeks until my official due date, but I so sweetly keep reminding the hubs that this baby could come earlier than this date. All I have left to buy is the fun stuff, wall decor, a chair/ ottoman and some storage bins/ baskets.

This is the paint swatch of the greens I was looking at for the dresser next to the crib bedding. No the crib has not been assembled. Yes, it is cozy in the garage and STILL IN THE BOX! Baby steps, and pun intended.
I decided on the color Houseplant (also by SW) for the dresser. (It's the swatch on the bottom left). It looks darker here than it is, but I think it will look really cute! The bedding is Dwell Studio "Owls" and yes, it cost a small fortune, however it was the ONLY bedding that I liked, so I splurged. I also was fortunate to be shopping with a friend who had a 20% off of one item coupon at Buy Buy Baby, so it was really a win-win. When showing the bedding to the hubs, I made sure to emphasize the 20% off savings, as opposed to the total sales price.
This is a halfway decent picture of the wall color. Did I mention that I love it? This wild and crazy bedding will be Olivia's, if we can ever convince her to sleep in her big girl bed. Her room will be my next project and I am looking forward to it...especially since I can make hers girly ( : The bedding is thrown together rather quickly here, but it really is cute in person. I scored it online at anthropologie.com several months ago on sale. I knew I wanted something that wasn't pink, wasn't pastel, and could grow with Olivia for several years. When I saw this, I knew it was a keeper! The white grommet panels are from Tarjay...$24.99 for the set of two. My only regret is not buying the 84" length so that I could hang the curtain rod (also from Tarjay) at the ceiling...oh well.

Finally, the dresser that currently sits in the nursery, collecting odd items that were used in the painting of this room. It is currently undergoing a paint transformation to "Houseplant Green". I like that it has straight lines, is simple, goes with my "modern" theme and is something that we currently own...no buying new furniture! In fact, the only thing that I am buying for the nursery is a new Modern style crib (pictures to follow) and eventually an upholstered chair/ ottoman (purchase to follow!)


No comments:

Post a Comment