A few more details wrapped up in the nursery. The furniture is completely painted. Here is the bookshelf we took off my sisters hot little hands and painted white. (We=Greg). I found these cheap storage bins at Tarjay for 5 or 6 bucks a piece, and hope they will neatly store toys and stuffed animals. The shelves are looking a bit bare until I find some cute accessories to add to them, but wanted to go ahead and get them on the wall while hubby was in the mood.
A sweet sign that my mom found ( :
The glider. Let me tell you how hard it is to find a glider that also rocks and reclines and is tall enough to support my head and is also comfortable and doesn't cost me an arm and two legs. I was hesitant to order one online without being able to test it out first, so that left Babies-R-Us, Buy Buy Baby and Pottery Barn. I was looking for something in a chocolate brown, to both coordinate with the room but mostly to hide stains and to wear well over time. The limited chairs we found we either too short, didn't recline, didn't glide, didn't come in brown or were uncomfortable. Greg convinced me to check out some furniture stores, and most didn't have what we were looking for either. We ended up finding one at Ashley Furniture (of all places) that was affordable and fit the bill. Sold! It should be here next week! It's not the sleek, modern look I was going for, but it's not too big and bulky and it is COMFY!
On to the crib. Still waiting patiently to be assembled, but we are going to wait until we actually need it. Olivia slept in the bassinet for the first 1-2 months exclusively, so we are just waiting to see how baby boy does. Our guest room is becoming the nursery, hence why we aren't in a major hurry to make the total switch. Here is a picture of the crib from the website.
Imagine it with this bedding. Cute, huh?

Last picture, I promise, of the mobile that I made. I have seen several cute options, on Etsy mainly, but they were close to $100. Here is one that caught my eye.

I made my similar version for under $20. (now I just have to figure out how I am going to hang it!)
No comments:
Post a Comment