The moving road that is. Street actually, since we are moving just down the street! We just found out that our bid for a HUD owned home was accepted so let the inspections/ contracts/ packing/ stressing begin! I cannot tell you how excited this makes me. Jazzed actually. For once I am moving into a house that actually needs work. Our first house being brand new and all was beautiful, but I couldn't justify painting walls or replacing light fixtures when they were brand spanking new. Our second house, while not brand new, had been recently painted and we knew this was a short term place to live, so again, no painting/ redoing. This house is only 7 years old, but needs all the fun stuff...paint (like to cover up the baby poop colored faux finished walls-no exaggerating here friends, its lovely, flooring (as in, it's missing), fixtures, etc. I can't wait! No clue how long this will take seeing as we are going to be buying from a government program, and if you have ever tried to get a new social security card, you know what I'm talking about! I have been scouting out new design DIY websites/ blogs and am coming up with some great ideas....now the hard part of getting them to become a reality. My mind is racing with ideas and to do lists to get the new house ready, and ours ready to sell. Should be a crazy interesting couple of weeks/ months ahead.
Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment