Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Working Out The (small) Details

So in the grand scheme of all that I have to plan for the new house, I ran across something genius. I'm pretty sure that it is nothing new, but I am thrilled to share. (Don't get too excited). In an effort to keep our final profit large and our initial investment low, we are trying to find ways to redo or revamp things on the cheap, and even keep what is keepable (there's not much). Some things we have to do, like the floors and appliances (yes SOME of the appliances are workable, but they are yucky and gross and I am kind of an appliance snob, okay?) Anywho, we are going to attempt to paint the cabinets ("cabs" as they will be referred to from here on out). I know, I know, no one in their ever loving mind paints cabs, but we are. My only reservation was the surface on which we will place our clean dishes/ glasses/ etc. I know Lysol (sp?) is great and all, but still. Enter cute printed contact paper. No this isn't your (great) grandmothers contact paper. It's adorable. It comes in various shapes and patterns, and costs a small fortune, but we will work around that detail later. Check out how cute it is! And if you have seen this before, shut it...let me have my moment.

http://www.chicshelfpaper.com/
I can't wait to get creative with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment