There has been some major progress made on the new house. We have finished all of the big stuff....entire house painted (walls, trim, doors and cabs), tile installed and carpet installed. Greg is now working on installing the granite in the kitchen as well as the backsplash, hanging lights, plumbing fixtures, new sink vanity in the powder bath and new toilets. Baby steps! Here are just a few before and afters, even thought the afters aren't complete yet....but a major improvement I think.
The kitchen before-this was the baby poop colored walls that I was talking about (there really is no other way to describe it). What you can't see from the picture is that the walls have no texture to them. It's like the previous owners painted over wallpaper or something. Interesting. The "faux finish" is also interesting.
The kitchen as of now...we replaced the crown on the top of the cabs with taller crown, added lite rail (sp?) to the bottoms of the cabs, added panels to the sides of the cabs, routered (I might have just made that word up) a piece to fit the cabs under the sink, removed the appliances, textured the walls and are in the process of adding granite tile counter tops and a black composite granite sink. I ordered stainless appliances which should be here next week...woo hoo!
A close up of our granite tiles. I would have loved to put in real granite slabs, but it didn't make sense when you compared the prices of the two for this particular home. We are going to lay the tiles so that the grout lines are minimal, so hopefully it will look okay! We found these at Floor & Decor and they were only $1.99 a sq ft. To do our entire kitchen counter top and backsplash was only $600! That is so cheap! More on the backsplash later.
No comments:
Post a Comment