Monday, February 21, 2011

meet jake

We are so excited to introduce our newest little family member...Jake Finnegan Barber. Once again I was blessed with a fairly easy delivery (and fast!). I started having contractions Friday morning around 12 or 1. We called in Aunt Linds and made it to the hospital by 3:45am. At 7:20 my doctor said it was go time and he was here at 7:33am. Not too shabby. Jake weighed 8 pounds 4 ounces and was 20.5 inches long. (Slightly shorter and chubbier than Liv).
First meeting Jake-when he cried she told him to relax (something I say to her when she has a melt down)
Nana helped her make special blue cupcakes for her "baby brudder".
He has been the sweetest baby. Other than having day and night mixed up, he is a total angel. Olivia is in love. She wants to hold "her" all the time and loves to give Jake kisses and rub his head. Yesterday she wanted to hold him, and I was asking her if she was going to share her toys with Jake when he got older. She said she would, then a little later she said, "We can play trains, hide and seek, but we can't slam doors." Haha, already showing him the ropes!
Greg has taken off all week and is looking forward to taking Olivia on a few dates besides helping me around the house. Thank goodness, because going from one to two kiddos is hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment