Monday, March 28, 2011

Lately

I wanted to post a few new pictures, but had to share a few funny stories in the process. Olivia has been repeating word for word what we say. This weekend we had a girl date, just her and I. While leaving lunch she asked me to open her window. I told her it was too hot and that I would just turn on the air. She protested that she was not hot, but I told her it would be too hot for me (it was in the 90's!) and left it at that. Fast forward a day or two to me opening the sunroof and Olivia telling me, "Close the window, it's too hot for me."
Olivia is sleeping pretty well in her big girl bed, with the occasional request to sleep in "brudders" room. A few nights ago she came in to"our" room (I'm sleeping in Jakes room until he sleeps a little better thru the night so Greg can get some sleep). I thought she was asleep, fell asleep myself and woke up to her holding her sleeping bag in one hand, iPod in the other, ready to camp out with us. She loves to play "Daddy's favorite song over and over and over again on the iPod. If I never hear Randy Rogers Band again I would be just fine! Her teachers were pretty impressed with her art-she colors/ paints the entire page where most of her classmates only color a small area. Also, her teachers said they were impressed last week when she took her potted flower from one center to the center with dirt/ rakes/ shovels etc. They said out of all 12 kiddos she was the only one to see the correlation. I'm pretty proud of her!
Jake is doing great, still eats frequently during the day but sleeping 5-6 hour stretches at night. Olivia is constantly loving on him and checking on him. He seems so strong, always holding his head up well and loves to look at the collection of Olivia's pictures on our living room wall or a ceiling fan. He is so sweet!

My horrific photography skills!



Sweet big sis

No comments:

Post a Comment